Do You Desire To Bring Your Child Into The Kingdom?

It's hard enough to be a Christian parent in this world. How do we combat the forces of evil while at the same time raise our children to desire to walk in God's light? By seeking His face, His Word and inspiration from each other as we stumble through this parenting process together. You will find all the instruction, encouragement and resources you need right here at The Greatest Mission Trip You'll Ever Take to help you be the most effective witness to your child that God would have you be. Look around and come back often. Let's learn together.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pray For This Ministry

One thing I have learned over my Christian lifetime is to take everything to the Lord in prayer. He will answer how He will, but He has never failed to hear.

The other thing I’ve learned is that two people praying for the same thing are better than one. I’ve seen marvelous transformations in a person who prays unceasingly, but strengthening and unity of the church when they come together as a group and pray before the Lord.

My desire is to cover this ministry, The Greatest Mission Trip You’ll Ever Take, with prayer. A great burden for reaching Christian parents has been placed on my heart, but I am but one person with a limited set of gifts. I know if others join me in praying, however, barriers can be broken down and parents from around the world will begin teaching their children about the Lord and His salvation.

I have four specific requests:


  • Boldness in teaching Christian parents about their God-ordained role in raising their children to the Lord (Ephesians 6:19-20);
  • That parents in need will find this site and draw strength from its teaching (Deuteronomy 11:19, James 1:22, James 4:8);
  • That I develop the technological savvy, or that God sends someone who has it, to appropriately utilize this form of media for reaching parents (Proverbs 24:5-6);
  • And that I recognize when doors are open so that I may walk through them, and when they’re closed so I don’t waste my time trying to open them (Ephesians 6:15-16).

I’m reluctant to turn this ministry into a “numbers game”. However, visitors to this site are real people searching for real answers to how to develop purposeful ministry within their homes. If these people seek God for answers and He draws them to my site, then I will do my best to teach them what God has to say about being missionaries in their own homes. I leave the numbers to Him.

If you’re a parent who has been visiting this site regularly, know that I take my ministry to you very seriously. I pray for you daily and hope my teaching is successful in drawing your family closer to God.

I would love to have a team of prayer partners who lift the needs of this ministry and its readers to the Lord. If you’d be willing to do that either email me (my address is in my profile) or leave a comment to this post. If you would like to give me your email address I’ll update you as needed with prayer requests, but I will not post it online or give it to others.

Won’t you join this team?

John & Cheri Closs - Cornelia, GA

Guy Muse - Ecuador

Ted & Carmie Spenn - Watseka, IL

Cathy Nagle

Lynn Mosher - Louisville, KY

Jim Legington - Houston, TX

Lisa Fernandez - Spring Hill, FL

Greg Troxel - San Jose, CA

Rick & Luba Osborne - Vancouver, BC

Real Andrews - Milford, CT

Joy Brasington - The Woodlands, TX

Steve Kloyda - Rosemount, MN

Joan Rudder-Ward - California

AgapeLady - Delavan, IL

Sandra Hersey - Florida

3 comments:

J. Guy Muse said...

Greetings from Ecuador! I want to congratulate you on an excellent blog, but more than that, for your reason for blogging. Few things are as important as parents taking on the full weight of responsibility for their children's spiritual formation. This is the only site I am aware of that seeks to do this. Even though we are in full time missionary work for the past 20 years, nothing comes close to the challenge of reaching out to our own two children with the Gospel thruths. Keep up the good work!

Deb Burton said...

Guy, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support. I needed to hear them! I covet your prayers and well wishes. Please feel free to check in from time to time, and I'll do the same with yours when I need inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Deb, we already are praying for you and will continue. Also if you need any help, we're here for you. Just ask. Keep doing what God has called you to do!