Do You Desire To Bring Your Child Into The Kingdom?

It's hard enough to be a Christian parent in this world. How do we combat the forces of evil while at the same time raise our children to desire to walk in God's light? By seeking His face, His Word and inspiration from each other as we stumble through this parenting process together. You will find all the instruction, encouragement and resources you need right here at The Greatest Mission Trip You'll Ever Take to help you be the most effective witness to your child that God would have you be. Look around and come back often. Let's learn together.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sending My Missionary Off

I just got back from dropping my daughter off at church. She and a number of teens from her youth group are on their way to somewhere near Lincoln, Nebraska for a week long mission trip. They’ll be camp counselors at a Christian day camp, helping with Bible teaching and the usual camp activities.

Last year they went to Jamaica, the first time our youth had been out of the country requiring passports and air travel for a mission trip (that's Rachel with two of her teamates from last year). It was her first trip, and I was a nervous wreck. I kept picturing freak hurricanes or a rogue bunch of terrorists descending on their camp. The worse that happened was they had to take cold showers for lack of a hot water heater and ate some foods they weren’t used to.

Nebraska I can handle. I can get there if I have to. No papers are needed for crossing state lines and the only obstacles keeping me from getting to her are the outrageous gas prices and a six-pack of caffeine to keep me going.

She’s going to be a great counselor. Rachel has such a gift for encouragement and her Bible knowledge will enhance her connecting with the kids as she teaches them about Jesus and His gift of salvation. I can’t wait to hear the stories when she gets back.

It’s going to be a pretty quiet week with just James and I here. Our naturally introverted personalities will play well off of each other, but there probably won’t be a boatload of conversation. Still, I’m looking forward to spending some quality time alone with him. I see some basketball shooting and runs to Burger King in the near future.

Children are such a blessing from the Lord. I’m thankful for the gift He’s given me of raising them in His Word, and I’m privileged that He found me worthy to teach others what I’ve learned.

Now to clean her room while she’s away….

No comments: