Do You Desire To Bring Your Child Into The Kingdom?

It's hard enough to be a Christian parent in this world. How do we combat the forces of evil while at the same time raise our children to desire to walk in God's light? By seeking His face, His Word and inspiration from each other as we stumble through this parenting process together. You will find all the instruction, encouragement and resources you need right here at The Greatest Mission Trip You'll Ever Take to help you be the most effective witness to your child that God would have you be. Look around and come back often. Let's learn together.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Problem Of The Week - God Isn’t Real

photo by subcircle

Each week I’ll pose a question, a problem that any typical Christian parent might face that makes teaching a child about God and His truths a challenge. How would you answer that parent? What advice would you give? Are you struggling with the same issue? What does the Bible say about it?

Here’s this week’s question:

Your child comes home from school and tells you that a teacher or a fellow student told him that God isn’t real. What do you say or do?
Related Articles:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always found that this kind of thing is a great opportunity for healthy discussion. I needed to learn not to jump in immediately and refute the statements being reported. The best thing to do is to follow up with questions. Make sure you have the whole story, find out how your child responded and ask them what they think about the statement. Now you're ready to not only engage them in conversation but to help them think critically.

Deb Burton said...

Wise advice, Rick. I know my first instinct is to be defensive, but my job is to teach and guide my child so he can think for himself. That way his faith becomes real for him. Maybe the better question for me is, how do I resist a knee-jerk reaction for the benefit of my child?