Do You Desire To Bring Your Child Into The Kingdom?

It's hard enough to be a Christian parent in this world. How do we combat the forces of evil while at the same time raise our children to desire to walk in God's light? By seeking His face, His Word and inspiration from each other as we stumble through this parenting process together. You will find all the instruction, encouragement and resources you need right here at The Greatest Mission Trip You'll Ever Take to help you be the most effective witness to your child that God would have you be. Look around and come back often. Let's learn together.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Sweet Aroma

photo by scubadiv67

It has been a cold, cold winter this year. It seems to have been an endless onslaught of wet snow and cold rain. Even as I look out my window now, the sky is gray and threatening rain, which is supposed to turn to snow this evening. My children have been moaning that it seems like winter will never end. I admit, I’ve been studying the weather forecasts, looking for any sign that the temperature is on the upswing.

It always thrills me when God’s Word punches through the haze. When you need just the right kind of encouragement, it seems that’s the moment when you open the Bible to just the right passage.

This morning I read 2 Corinthians 2:15-16: “For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.”

I picture the emergence of tulips, daffodils and crocus as the harbingers of spring, and see the correlation to what I offer my children as a witness for my Christian faith. I want them to smell the sweet aroma of Christ as I go about my day, interacting with other people, working around the house, and teaching them the wondrous things of God.

In me I have life because I have Christ. I want His love, truths and commandments to emanate from me, wafting through the air to my children like the fragrant blooms of…. Wait a minute, these are children we’re talking about here. Like the sugary goodness of fresh, homemade cookies just coming from the oven.

May the aroma of Christ draw your children to you and may they crave the relationship you have with Him!

No comments: