photo by Ron Almog
It’s time to cut you loose. If you’ve been following the Step By Step plan diligently for the last 15 weeks, you don’t need me now anyway. You have learned to worship the Lord as a family, and without a doubt, you are enjoying the benefits of God’s blessings because of your obedience.
May I congratulate you on a job well done?
Look over your activities for the last three and a half months. You’ve:
- Brought your intent before God to follow His Word;
- Initiated a relationship with an accountability family;
- Striven to overcome obstacles and maintain priorities;
- Allowed creativity, resourcefulness and celebration into your devotions to make them fun;
- Consistently evaluated and improved upon what you were doing in your devotions.
Give it all to God. Dedicate yourself, your marriage, each child, your family as a whole, your home, your work, your devotions - everything - dedicate it to the Lord continuously. Stay in His Word. Don’t just believe, but follow.
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you
And give you peace.
So they will put my name on the (insert your family’s name here),
And I will bless them.
Final Homework: 1. Pray, and keep praying.
2. Celebrate answered prayer and obedience observed in your child.
3. Investigate the resources available to you to enhance your devotions.
4. Keep your eyes on Jesus.
Previous - Kick It Up Again
Inspiring Families - A Family Living For Christ
Inspiring Families - The Power Of Teaching Our Children To Pray For Others
Inspiring Families - Praying Blessings To The Third Generation